with a World View
Florence Premiere: When God Sleeps
This July we had the honor of sharing WHEN GOD SLEEPS in the square of the Uffizi Gallery in Florence. Our hosts, Roberto Ruta and Lisa Chiari at the FILM Middle East NOW were incredible and we want…Read More
TONIGHT: REGGAE BOYZ Broadcast Premiere
REGGAE BOYZ will have its broadcast television premiere on 8 June at 21:45 on the ARTE network. Check your local listings in case your region’s broadcast time is different, and visit the…Read More
Berlin, New York, & Iran Converge
Partner Pictures LLC has made narrative and documentary feature films since 2008. Our films strive to have an impact. They have premiered and been awarded at major film festivals around the world including Tribeca, Berlin, Tokyo, and are funded through grants, partnerships and co-productions with organizations like the Sundance Documentary Institute, Fork Films, The Catapult Film Fund, The Jerome Foundation, NYSCA, Film und Medienstiftung NRW, FFA/German Federal Film Board, ITVS, ARD, ZDF, and many others. Our corporate projects are crafted to achieve the goals of our clients through personalized storytelling.
Schauder’s feature debut SANTA SMOKES which he wrote, co-directed and starred in, won several awards, among them Best Director at the Tokyo International Film Festival and the Studio Hamburg Newcomer Award. In 2012, Till completed his critically acclaimed first documentary THE IRAN JOB, which was released worldwide, mentioned as an Oscar contender and shortlisted for a German Academy Award in 2014. His latest documentary WHEN GOD SLEEPS premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival 2017 and is currently playing at film festivals around the world. WHEN GOD SLEEPS won the “Cinema for Peace Award” foValuablealuable Documentary of the Year during this year’s Berlinale, and the “Golden Heynal Award” in the International DocFilmMusic
Nodjoumi is an independent film producer and film festival programmer. She and Till Schauder most recently collaborated on WHEN GOD SLEEPS, co-produced by ITVS, executive produced by Motto Pictures, Catapult Film Fund, and Fork Films, and supported by numerous foundations including the Sundance Institute, Jerome Foundation, and NYSCA. The film premiered in competition at the 2017 Tribeca Film Festival. It later went on to win the Golden Heynal award for Best Music Documentary at the Krakow Film Festival and won Most Valuable Film of the Year award for Cinema for Peace in Berlin. Nodjoumi and Schauder are currently working on the feature documentary REGGAE BOYZ, which is in post-production. From 2004-2009, Nodjoumi worked at the Tribeca Film Festival as an Associate Programmer and is currently the Artistic Director of the New York Sephardic Film Festival. She also produced the feature documentary THE IRAN JOB, which was released theatrically and on Netflix worldwide. In Germany, the film was shortlisted for a German Academy Award. For THE IRAN JOB, Nodjoumi managed two of the most successful Kickstarter campaigns of all time. In 2016, she was invited to attend the Sundance Creative Producer’s Summit and in 2017 she was an IFP Cannes Producer’s Network Fellow.
What’s happening—from Tribeca to Cannes
This July we had the honor of sharing WHEN GOD SLEEPS in the square of the Uffizi Gallery in Florence. Our hosts, Roberto Ruta and Lisa Chiari at the FILM Middle East NOW were incredible and we want…
REGGAE BOYZ will have its broadcast television premiere on 8 June at 21:45 on the ARTE network. Check your local listings in case your region’s broadcast time is different, and visit the…
REGGAE BOYZ is heading to Poland! Our latest documentary will have its European premiere at the 58th Krakow Film Festival. This is an especially great honor because our previous film, WHEN…
We’re absolutely thrilled to announce that our latest documentary, Reggae Boyz, is coming to theaters in Germany starting May 3! Watch the film’s trailer and take a look below for upcoming showtimes….
Funding & Honors
The people that make our films possible
- 2017 Rolling Stone, Hollywood Reporter, and Huffington Post shortlist When God Sleeps for Tribeca Film Festival
- 2017 “Tribeca Film Festival Official Selection” – When God Sleeps
- 2016 “Most Valuable Documentary of the Year Award” from Cinema for Peace.
- 2014 Catapult Film Fund Development Grant – When God Sleeps
- 2014 German Federal Film Fund Screenplay Grant – When God Sleeps
- 2014 German Federal Film Fund Development Grant – When God Sleeps
- 2014 Gerd Ruge Fellowship, North Rhine Westphalia Film Fund – When God Sleeps
- 2014 Shortlisted for German Academy Award, best documentary – The Iran Job
- 2013 Winner Guirlande D’Honneur, best documentary Milano International Sports film festival FICTS (Fédération Internationale Cinéma Télévision Sportifs) – The Iran Job
- 2013 Finalist at DOC LEIPZIG Pitch – The Reggae Boyz
- 2012 completed one of the most successful Kickstarter film-campaigns of all time – The Iran Job ($100,000), followed by a second campaign for $66,000, making The Iran Job one of the must successful crowd-funded documentary projects of all time.
- 2010 Daphne Foundation Grant – The Iran Job ($20,000)
- 2010 PARSA Community Foundation Grant – The Iran Job ($50,000)
- 2010 Kodak Grant – The Iran Job ($5,000)
- 2010 Richard Massey Foundation for Arts and Sciences Grant – The Iran Job ($10,000)
- 2010 Finalist Cannes MipDoc Co-production Challenge – The Iran Job
- 2010 Finalist IDFA FORUM Round Table Pitch – The Iran Job
- 2009 Winner Paley Center for Media Pitch Competition – The Iran Job ($5,000)
- 2009 New York State Council on the Arts Grant – The Iran Job ($15,000)
- 2003 Best Director Award, Tokyo International Film Festival – Santa Smokes ($5,000)
- 2003 Audience Award Berlin Beta Film Festival – Santa Smokes
- 2002 Studio Hamburg Newcomer Award granted by the Independent Panel of German Television and Film Producers (NDR, ARD, RTL, SAT 1) – Santa Smokes ($7,500)
- 1998 DAAD Scholarship for the Arts (German Foreign Ministry) ($25,000)
- 1997 International Max Ophüls Film Festival Reader’s Award – Strong Shit ($2,000)
- 1997 Nominated for best editing & cinematography on a debut feature, Jury of
Independent German Film and Television Producers – Strong Shit
- 1996 Audience Award, International Short Film Festival Brussels – City Bomber
- 1996 Special Jury Award, Kelibia International Film Festival/Tunisia – City Bomber
- 1996 Munich Academy Screenplay Award – Strong Shit ($10,000)
Based in Brooklyn, NY – Film Worldwide
Contact us about films sales, collaboration ideas, and/or general questions.